View Single Post
Old 11-16-2020, 06:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is my EC geared warrior alt (pre-retired). I went full stamina and was constantly on the verge of being overweight. Again, no raiding gear. Besides the fungi and a few velious items it’s attainable for a casual. Without the cobalt items and a stat BP the iksar might even be more well rounded.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Blue:Gnombot

In the end str is more functional. You can carry crap to sell which is great for a new main character. Having more plat is very beneficial for an expensive class to gear. Stam on the other hand directly equates to your tanking job and the aggro between the same builds is the same so really it’s hps (sta) vs attack (str). 120hps at 60 might not seem like much but it might be the difference between a 3k tank and a 2.88k tank. Another type of annoyance.

Much of the warrior life, especially for a casual, is compromise. Just pick your poison. I know either way you will be able to accomplish the job at hand even if situationally griping over hindsight starting points. Kunark is fresh but ykesha weapons (SSoY and The 9/24 1hb) are attainable. They will give you all the aggro you need until better stuff is possible.
I thought Warrior was one of the least gear-dependent melees. Cloth armor and rusty weapons (eventually swapping for banded and fine steel) should be all you need until well into yours 30s.