Thread: Mount and Blade
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2020, 09:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was intrigued by the original Mount & Blade, it looked kind of janky and weird but it seemed to be trying to do things no one else was so I followed it here and there, never really finding the time to get into it.

I was bored looking for something to occupy during the quarantine and I saw Bannerlord came out so I checked out the reviews and they were brutal. I mean Brutal with a capital B. There were some real detailed ones from people with 100s of hours into the franchise and besides the technical bugs which I'm willing to discount because of the game state, they specifically focused on the lack of depth, the terrible AI and that this was just basically a reskin of the older game.

I still kinda want to pick it up (not for 45 bucks though jeez) just because it seems so weird and stupid. Not sure :/
I'd agree with those. Lots of things are off, game feels a bit empty. Just like with warband I'm doing a lot of the custom battles to start. The mechanics are different than warband and take getting used to, but the ai seems MUCH better in combat, being a human isn't as big an advantage. I think campaign ai is bad, snowballing is out of control, sieges are kind of broken (bad pathfinding and ai... So bad it often crashes games.) Bad things aside I think it will be pretty good once it's fully released, especially once the modders get to work.