Thread: Live is scary
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2020, 01:03 PM
Banned

now that I am done spouting propoganda about live I am quite on the fence regarding it lol, it seems like DBG and Darkpaw don't really want to invest in fixing bugs or making the game work real well on modern hardware (just a guess) and that they are going to just milk the pay2play microtransaction model till they are shut down by the mafia cuz the government IRS isn't going to really do anything awful to them

that said, theres like maybe 1 person over there that cares and still wants to make fresh new eq lore and content that is fun and interesting to explore

Darkpaw needs to, Hire a coder. Get their engine working on both vulkan, d3d9, and dx 12. Supercede luclin models. Create an in game knowledgebase so people don't have to deep dive google/allahkhazam for the arcane secrets of the tradeskills and get the bends and cooties aids from the web, create a fresh version of the world that pits lvl 60 newbies against giant rats in qeynos with a clean slate and leather armor tunics that gives +60 ac or doesn't use the same stat systems that the old gear does, so they can start progressing players again

tbh i don't expect the 1 "possibly" american dude over there to keep the chinese code team from screwing it all up if they go for it

They can't shut down EQ 1-and 2 and launch EQ three without creating a massive outrage and losing everyone to the EMU scene for good

I still am enjoying my TLP experience, but it is definitely not a pixel heaven, not like p99 or red99 or takp are, I may forgoe playing on Aradune and just reroll on Vox for a feature complete merc saturated experience
Last edited by magnetaress; 05-12-2020 at 01:09 PM..