Thread: TAK project.
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2018, 02:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’ll turn you question around. What keeps all the high end players here on p99? Surely after 3 years in Velious you should have everything you want by now?
I'm not at all a "high end" player, so I've been here longer than 3 years and still don't have a single "best in slot" item. I'm not really in a rush though: I don't want a game that ends after 3 months, so I enjoy getting a single (not BIS) upgrade every other month or so.

And sorry if I over-reacted, but when you wrote:

Quote:
After 3 months of casual play I already have better gear and have killed every raid mob in the game except the Vulak ring
Well first off, I thought "Vulak ring" was Luclin content (just because I haven't seen that term used here), which made it sound like you'd killed every raid mob in Kunark AND Velious, AND most of the ones in Luclin, in 3 months. Putting my confusion aside, I can't even get to level 60 in three months, and certainly not without triple-boxing, and even if I somehow managed to I certainly wouldn't have time to raid every target in Kunark and Velious, so what you described sounded very "loot pinata"-ish.

But I didn't mean to make it sound like there's anything wrong with playing through the game quickly. If you want to play on a server with a /levelmeto 60 command and you enjoy "beating" it in a couple months, then great. But personally I've been looking for a viable alternative to P99 that has Luclin, PoP, etc. content ... but (like P99) still is the EverQuest I remember.

I want TAKP to be awesome and I want it to be that server. But their triple-boxing policy means it will never be that server, and if you can all but beat the game in three months that's not even EverQuest IMHO. So yes, maybe I get a little frustrated by hearing about a server that's so close to awesome but doesn't see anything wrong with everyone on the server triple-boxing and speed-playing through the whole game ... but if I'm not allowed to get frustrated about another server's failings here in the P99 forum, where can I?

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 05-22-2018 at 02:42 PM..