View Single Post
Old 09-11-2022, 11:31 AM
Planar Protector

https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Shaman and https://wiki.project1999.com/Equipping_a_Druid have a lot of suggestions, but fundamentally if you're doing this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd much rather steadily get slightly better gear over time than just bank all my plat for the future.
you are swimming upstream, with the classes you chose at least. That strategy makes much more sense for melee characters.

For both Shaman and Druid (but especially Shaman) all the power comes from "big ticket" items like the JBB, your spells (not just Torpor, but several other high-level ones are expensive too), your epic, etc. If you don't save up for (say) a JBB, you'll notice it's absence ... but I can pretty much guarantee you'll never notice the difference in DPS from a new melee weapon (you'll just kill the mobs 0.01% faster). (Of course, you can't use the JBB until 45, so before then it's obviously not important, and the same is true of epic and spells.)

Druids are less gear dependent, but again "stat gear" (ie. slow/steady upgrades) don't really help them much. For them the big ticket items (which are much cheaper and more attainable) are the Goblin Ghazugi Ring and (at 45) the Luminescent staff.

So look, this is a game and you should have fun, and if acquiring +5 more Wisdom is fun for you, go for it. But if you want to make your character noticeably better in the game, you're going to have to save up, or farm items yourself (the Goblin Ghazugi Ring is even farmable at your level, if you're patient enough).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.