View Single Post
Old 12-14-2022, 08:56 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you can afford Silver Chitin Hand Wraps and a Poison Wind Censor, your are going to be shredding mobs in Melee from 1-40, it will be faster than root/rotting.
This is true, and I recommend it. I passed them on to other chars once I hit 40 and switched to root rotting for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's really not that hard to make plat in P99, even at lower levels.
This is not true (now), or at least not obvious to someone who hasn't done this dozens of times on different toons and knows all the spots. At level 43 now, I have just over 2k in the bank, and I haven't spent plat other than SCHW + PWC, plus about 700-1000 plat on other assorted gear that probably wasn't worth it.

If you know a good guard spot (or any other low-40 cash camp) I'm all ears. Freeport dock guards are still too hard to split and keep down. Feerrott spectres are consistent, but probably closer to 100pp/hour.

And to answer the OP: Soloing a shaman with minimal twinking (banded plus jewelry) was pretty easy. I mostly followed the evil shaman guide, and except for a couple awkward transition levels it never felt too hard or grindy.
Last edited by bcbrown; 12-14-2022 at 08:58 PM..