View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 02:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How well does a level Shaman solo level / farm things, compared to other classes who solo level like Druid, Necro and Mage etc.?
Personally I found Shaman really boring to level and gave up at 49. 1-24 was an absolute slog, even with haste+fungi+pwc. 24-34 was more of the same, just with canni. 34-49 was.. more of the same, just with a pet and slightly better spells.

Solo, you're basically a melee with no melee skills, Meh slow, Meh DoTs, and you'll fight that way until ~50+. You eventually get a pet and spells that aren't so Meh and some fun toys (Fungi staff, JBB stuff, Snare neck, etc).

Grouping, you spend all your time buffing/rebuffing and then canni'ing for your lame heals. Being stuck with Greater Healing from 29 to 51 absolutely blows. Yes, Torpor is amazing, but that's after 60 levels and an ungodly amount of plat/lucking out.

A 60 geared shaman is a lot of fun, and I enjoyed mine a lot on Live... because I didn't level deck it out.