View Single Post
Old 01-04-2023, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WIS is very good overall to boost early but I wonder how well the average iksar shaman casual raider gets to maxing their STA. I am just curious. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shamans get a +50 STA buff, but only a +10 WIS buff from Bear Form. An Iksar with 80 STA and 115 WIS (25 WIS / 5 STA split) is going to have 130 STA and 125 WIS self-buffed and naked. So you still have more STA than WIS. A casual raider can get Vindi BP and Othmir Prexus Totem quite easily, so you are at 165 STA already just from those two items and self buff.

In Velious STR/STA items are a lot more common than items with WIS/INT, and Shamans typically favor the items that make you tankier over the WIS/INT items. So you are typically going to have better STA than WIS.

Obviously there are many item combinations, so this isn't always the case. However, generally speaking the best stat to dump into on character creation is the one that is hardest to cap. My Shaman is STA capped, but still only has like 208 WIS, and I did the 25 WIS / 5 AGI route.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-04-2023 at 02:43 PM..