Thread: CR
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 09:50 PM
Banned

I used to raid Plane of Growth back in the day, and we basically just farmed trash for the planar gear. One day someone feared a mob or something, and it ran back to Tunare's tree. Tunare then proceeded to summon all of us and kill us. The raid leader helped with the CR, but didn't get everyone, myself included. I kept dying repeatedly at the zone-in, and I spent 23 hours getting my corpse. I was down to like the last hour I had left before I lost everything when Talisman (the best guild on Tunare at the time) rescued me.

I remember being particularly annoyed by the raid leader downplaying the severity of me losing everything I owned with "we can get more gear, don't worry." Like I was one of the most geared rogues on my server at the time, it wasn't feasible to replace everything, including my epic and what not.

I also had a really bad CR in Timorous Deep. I can't remember how or why, but I got killed in the middle of the ocean after DC'ing, and didn't really even know where I died. There was no map at the time, and I remember just swimming for hours in straight lines mashing /corpse trying to figure out where I died. I finally found my corpse and was so excited that I wasn't going to lose everything I owned, when suddenly Faydedar came out of no where and killed me. I remember him camping my corpse and again, having a close call with losing everything I owned.