View Single Post
Old 11-12-2020, 03:27 AM
Kobold

I can't speak for the devs / moderators, but I know from my experiences on TLP servers that quest exp adjustments had more to do with mains gaining levels exploiting massive quest turnins, and almost nothing to do with leveling alts. Power gamers love to save up quest items just before an expansion unlock so they can stand at a quest npc and level up without traveling to the new continent(s).

While I am sad that quests were nerfed for the time being, I can understand that coding different fixes for different zones, levels, or specific npcs might be prohibitive. So, it may be that shutting down all quest exp was the only way to fix the problem and still launch Kunark before 2021 rolled around.

My suggestion would be bank all those quest items you can, and turn them in next month when they will be worth exactly the same number of experience points they would be if quest exp was on right now. Maybe the percentages won't be as high compared to your level at that stage, but you'll ultimately have exactly the same number of points.