Thread: Enchanter "DPS"
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2019, 12:58 AM
Sarnak

When charming the mob level has a tremendous impact, charming a mob a couple level too high can really make it unsustainable especially at lower levels.

Let's take level 60 as an example, everything lvl 45+ will cons blue, and you can charm up to level 54. I can't stress it enough but charming a lvl 45 will be trivial while charming a lvl 54 will most likely end up with you dead. The golden rule for me leveling has always been to pet the lowest blue I could find in zone, then torch/haste it if I feel safe enough.

Another problem I see on a lot of low level enchanters they will stun/mezz/tash/charm at literally every pet break, you don't have much mana regen early on and it's clearly not substainable.
At 12 you can easily just open with charm, if pet break cast charm again, the low level charm spells are pretty fast casts you shouldn't take more than 1 or 2 round of melee. You can even take 0 damage if you park pet away from you then as the cast time on charm become longer and the damage taken on clothies ramp up you can start to include some stun/mezz.

Even at 60 if I know my tash is fresh when I get a pet break I will save some mana and just cast stun + allure skiping on aoe mezz + tash. Sure it's just 90 mana and it seems irrelevant at 60 but it adds up and taking that mindset you will definitely have lower downtimes.
Last edited by Sacer; 05-25-2019 at 01:01 AM..