Thread: Stuck at 30 fps
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2020, 11:24 PM
Skeleton

Appreciate you tryin to help xiax.

I took your suggestions and turned compatibility mode off for eqgame.exe. Just unchecked the box and did so for all users as well.

I ran dxdiag from an Admin terminal and it reported no issues.

I went into the Radeon software and set everything back to default globally and removed eqgame as a game that I could adjust settings for. Any option that allowed 'unless application specifies' I turned on.

I noticed dxvk can work on windows. So, I downloaded it and followed instructions via readme, writeups and youtube. WinEQ2 did not like D3D9.dll and prompted me to remove it, but would boot the game anyway. Client would crash after logging in and hitting 'Play Everquest'. WinEQ2 would also complain about not having an entry point in one of the dlls, boot anyway, and crash after hitting 'Play Everquest'. This happened on both the x32 and x64 versions of the files. Running the game without WinEQ2 and just clicking it from the directory would error out about an entry point also.

dgVoodoo2 would give similar issues. However, when entering the game with dgVoodoo2 running, text would appear as blocks and textures would be 1 solid color. All the while still running at 33FPS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EQ000007.jpg (22.0 KB, 14 views)
Last edited by Ovaltine; 10-02-2020 at 11:28 PM..