Thread: Server Firsts
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by guineapig [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You are correct. After is the key word here.

There was a lot of content designed to be only doable after future releases to the game. You can see it regularly throughout EQ history. Added levels, added AA's, added spells, disciplines and skills and of course gear. Much of this content was doable after the fact, not within a week of its release.

Your examples do not prove that content should be easier now based on strategies.
Strats, knowledge, and information don't go away/not get used just because the emu server hasn't reached the point in the game they were "discovered" on live. I still remember the vague spawn layout of Velks spiders from all the time I spent there, just because it hasn't been released on this server yet doesn't mean the knowledge can't be present. I never said anything about added levels, AA's, discs, spells, or gear because they aren't necessary in this case.

I've intentionally left out exact strats and while I could post specific examples as to what knowledge/strats/information "discovered" post-Sky that can be applied to pre-Sky (or in Sky in this case I suppose) and has made previously "impossible" bosses possible but I'm not going to because that's most of what makes EQ raiding fun - using your brain to solve a problem as opposed to just reading a guide that tells you the exact steps to take a mob from 100% to dead like was available for every single mob in WoW.