View Single Post
Old 10-18-2019, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by akagami [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand all of that and have logged into in the green beta.

What I am getting at more is how the patch progression is planning on being handled and things that will be changed/unchanged.

Not all things will be the same as the old patch timeline, since there were some things that were already rejected (Necro/Sham charm). So, in general, what kind of things are going in and what kind of things aren't? Is the goal really to create the exact patch timeline (some seem to suggest this) through monthly updates?

Idk, it's like a week out so I kind of figured there'd just be more information maybe. But you and others are right. Should just go with the flow more and enjoy the ride.
We don't really know for sure how this will work in terms of will every little change be replicated. We know some changes will not be, such as Necro/Shaman charming. There's no real complete list of decisions on things yet.

However, IMO it's a pretty safe bet to apply a couple of rules of thumb when wondering what something from a patch note will be like on day 1: (i) if it's something that was arguably a bug fix, they will probably just implement the fixed version at launch (because if it's a bug, the EQ devs would've fixed it earlier if they'd known about it), (ii) if it's something from classic that allowed exploitation or otherwise made things really easy/cheesey for an individual player, but was later changed in a patch, I would expect that they will just go with the patched version from day 1, (iii) if it's something that would potentially require several weeks (or maybe a couple months or more) of development and testing, I would expect that they will not implement it on this iteration of Green (for example, the Necro/Shaman charm mechanics that you mentioned, the different iterations of Splitpaw that they went through on live, etc.).
Last edited by cd288; 10-18-2019 at 04:08 PM..