View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 12:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a new level 19 enchanter and I'm really loving it. A few questions:

After breaking charm, is it better to kill your former pet and/or its target with a nuke like Sanity Warp or a dot like Choke? The dot is more mana efficient but takes longer...

What is the radius on our PBAOE stuns? I'm hunting in the tunnels of Kurn's and I'm not KOS to the badgers. Don't want to stun one and lose faction.

Also, should Minor Illusion make me indifferent to all (so I can AFK)? It doesn't seem to work for me.
What spell to finish off the mobs really depends on their health. Sure it goes without saying, but always use the least mana possible. If you have to re-root in order to safely use Choke to finish off a mob it's probably better you just use Sanity Warp.

Color Flux has the smallest range, mobs basically have to be in melee range for it to hit them. Color Shift has a slightly larger range, but mobs still have to be close. It's not until you get Color Skew and really Color Slant that you really have to worry about hitting mobs you're not engaged with, unless you are standing right beside said mobs.

The AE range values as listed on Alla
Color Flux: 20
Color Shift: 25
Color Skew: 30
Color Slant: 35

Those values might not be exactly the same on P99, but I feel like the increases of 5 for each stun is accurate.

Minor Illusion faction got nerfed a long time ago. Unless you're a Dark Elf with hide in an area where no mobs see invis there's really no way to safely afk for long periods of time. Download GINA, make an audio trigger for mobs hitting you and for invis wearing off, then you can AFK and hear it from a distance if invis is dropping or you're getting your ass kicked.