View Single Post
Old 07-13-2023, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You will notice str more than sta. You will get more max hits, and you will be able to carry more. Str is probably the most noticeable of starting stats. Gnome war can acquire str easier, with dwarven cultural. They also get the tinkering str buff of 30. Not a fair comparison, imo.

OP doesn't seem like he'll ever min max, so str makes more sense. You get the early benefit, and if you do decide to min/max, sta can be capped too, so it's really not a big deal.

I've twinked many chars, done many builds. Hitting max str is not easy without buffs.
My Monk at 51 with Epic and good EC gear has 140 Strength. His DPS is fine. You don't need capped STR in the earlier levels to do respectable DPS, especially with the weapon ratios in Velious. The point is simply that STA is harder to cap via equipment and buffs, while STR is easy to cap in EC gear with buffs. My Gnome Warrior wasn't using any of the spell buffs to hit 140 STR. As I showed in this post: https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...6&postcount=18 , it's not difficult to find STR pieces that are reasonably priced in EC.

I do agree with you that STR is more important if OP was planning on doing a no twink playthrough. Then I would probably say STR is the better starting stat to put points into.

I've leveled quite a few characters myself, and the reality is mobs level 1-39 are just vastly easier than mobs 40+, especially with twink weapons. By the time you really start needing that STR, you will be high enough level to either get bored and stop playing, or have the cash to make up for any lack of STR you have.

Rogue is group dependent character, so your chances of getting buffed is also higher.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 07-13-2023 at 02:50 PM..