Thread: New World
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 08:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only made it to level 10 so I don't have enough experience to form a definite opinion. So far my judgement is - it's not bad. It was only $40 so from that aspect it's at least reasonable. It doesn't have the "fear" that EQ still triggers in me. Though, to be fair, there's a dearth of games that do.

Will see what I think at level 20 - if I make it that far.

-Mcoy
Yup, it definitely has the WoW system of death. Which is actually made even easier since you can build your camp anywhere so you can always have a close respawn point. You know death doesn't matter when people (like in WoW and other "modern" MMOs) use killing themselves as a way to fast travel via respawn at the nearest city.

Leveling seems to slow down more after level 20, but it's still mostly in line with modern MMO leveling speed. It's funny hearing some younger people complain that it takes them an hour or two to get a level, etc. I'm just like wow you really have no idea what we went through in EQ lol