Thread: New World
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After they sell all those copies for $39 how are they going to pay for the bandwidth six months from now?

Skins?

I know they made like 25 million on the initial sales, but that money goes real quick when you have a big corporation doing big corporation things.
To my knowledge they have a cosmetic cash shop right now, which as we've seen can be a large money maker for video game studios.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Amazon is willing to eat losses quarter over quarter in the future in order to have the game continue to go well. That would be totally consistent with Amazon's operating strategy when they have first delved into different areas in the past. They're willing to eat that loss for awhile in order to gain market share in the space; i.e. eat a loss for awhile on New World as long as overall the reception continues to be positive because it's part of Amazon's broader goal of establishing themselves as a reputable video game design studio, which means more and more money for them as they develop and release future games.