View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bardp1999: charming on a 45 necro is shitty? Why is that? I leveled a couple necros and always started charming before level 20 and I thought it was always awesome (with a CoS of course).
I also charmed a lot starting pretty early (20s). In a group setting where you are only focusing on DPS, charming is fine. I was more referring to the HS basement style of solo/duo play where at 45 you are going to struggle to keep mana and life up due to not having all the tools in the tool bag.

Maybe its just a hindsight thing but from 48 to 49 your necromancer will feel like he just gained 10 levels not 1.

Having paralyzing earth changes what you are capable of doing. That spell alone is a god send to charmers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact he's considering starting over makes want to say that he should consider a bard. The only class with a realistic chance of catching up to his friend in a short period of time.
I doubt OP is going to be able to pull off swarming (no offense OP but I can barely do it and I have practiced a lot - its tedious, time consuming, and prone to failures)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruhtar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Surprised no one mentioned fear kiting mobs with a melee.
Fear kiting is possibly the worst EQ experience I can think of as a melee. Chasing fleeing mobs constantly is a huge kick in the pants. Is it viable? Yes absolutely. Is it fun? After about 1 level I was done with it.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Last edited by Bardp1999; 05-16-2019 at 11:33 AM..