View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 11:06 PM
Banned

I’ll touch on this a bit more:

The difference between myself, Danth, and Kaveh, is that I am not constantly trying to push my single childless lifestyle on others like they are theirs as a married parent. The stronger someone tries to convince others their life choices were better, the more insecure they come across to me. Normally parents would often seek validation THROUGH their children, which is also something I personally don’t agree with: this idea that I’ll raise my kids to accomplish what I couldn’t in life and then it will be like I accomplished those things

I think everyone should be free to live their life their own way, and no life is somehow measurably “better” than another. So when I offer advice on how to get more messages and more dates from dating apps, what you do with those dates is entirely up to you. If you tell your date on the first date you really want to get married and have kids one day, that’s great, that will also probably help you, because like I said most people on dating sites have that same goal. Initially, you want to meet the most people you can, and then decide if your goals align or not

People here can feel free to tell me about their lovely marriage and kids, that’s not doing anything to change my mindset on what I want to do. You can try the tactic my family uses of warning me about being old and still single, not worried about that outcome because as soon as I decide to change that I can. Having kids only to have a sort of indentured servant to take care of me in my old age is a shitty reason to have kids if it’s your only reason, so that angle of attack falls short as well

I don’t really know what else can be said to try to change my mind but I don’t mind if you keep trying. I do still listen. But you are spinning your wheels not getting anywhere, just want you to know