View Single Post
Old 02-23-2020, 03:24 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madae [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe we can also use this time to discuss what an acceptable payment is, anyway. I usually pay what I can afford that is, at the very least, not going to be more expensive than what I'll actually make when I go somewhere for a group or whatever. I'm sure other people toss around several times more than me, but tip culture is inherently open, and whining about it just makes no sense.
I'd never gripe if someone tipped me 15 - 20pp for a port, but if someone tips me less that's OK too. I tip 5pp for important buffs and 20pp for ports assuming I am not inconveniencing someone. If someone goes above and beyond for me, I will do 30pp for buffs and 75pp for ports (e.g. pls come Clarity me at this nearby port so I don't lose this camp or can you port this rezzer to my body since the closest spire is 3 zones away).

On what average/normal looks like, I have a script that parses all port and trade data and throws it in a spreadsheet. I've only got ~140 datapoints in there now, but when I get 1,000+ ports in there I'll let you know what the averages look like.

What I can tell you today is that my most popular ports are EC to NRo (~30pp/port) and GFay to WC or NRo(~4pp/port). Most people in raiding guilds tip 30+ with most around 40, though they will do as much as 75 or 100pp, and people late at night trying to avoid a boat ride will pay fat stacks of cash, even if they have to wait for me to finish a quad and med up (~34pp average).

Hope this helped. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]