View Single Post
Old 10-14-2020, 03:17 PM
Large Bat

UPDATE: Something's wrong now. I thought I ran WinEQ32 yesterday before playing again, was on the Character screen a while trying to come up with a name, and went to bed. When I got on today the batch file asked for Command Prompt permissions instead of the Unknown (or whatever) it usually gives. I tried running through the normal app as well, and it worked somehow once, but when I tried to log in to server it said it did not respond, leaving me at a black screen with white text that I had to cold boot also.

Upon restart, there were updates to run so they went, and now I'm having the same problem. Nothing I do will get the launcher to run, and I don't know what's wrong now. Did WinEQ32 change the path it takes? The prompt is trying to run eqgame.exe through the Windows/System32 folder, but of course the files are not in there. I copied the EQ folder into there, but still no (because they're now in the subfolder EverQuest) so I deleted the copy. Am I supposed to copy every loose file from the EQ folder into the System32 folder? And what if there are already some normal files in there with the same name? Should I restart once again and skip WinEQ? Because I'll still get that Can't Zone crash every time.

The only game I want to play is classic EQ, but all I could do before was hang out in newbie zones killing skeletons and bats (since no gear/spells means you can kill nothing else) but now I can't even do that, let alone the original constant zone crashing problem. >_<