View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:43 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munuc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would the shortcut link have to say so it doesn't patch?
Assuming you create a script to run the code, then the shortcut link would be to the bash file? The script line that runs eq would be:

taskset -c 0 padsp wine eqgame.exe patchme 2>/dev/null

Just cut and paste the script posted in the OP and into a file named eq.sh, stick it somewhere like /home/munuc/bin, chmod 777 eq.sh to make it executable. Test it by running it from the command line, then make an icon and stick the command /home/munuc/bin/eq.sh as the command line to run the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munuc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Secondly, I tried playing sound (I could hear it fine) but found some error messages - any clues as to what I do? thanks in advance for being a complete godsend to a (N)ubunto...
It works? Ignore the messages, wine spews tons of messages out all the time. Thats why the script says 2>/dev/null, send all the spam to the bit bucket [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
As an aside, if I wanted to play EQ Seeds of Destruction, would that mean I need to compile ANOTHER version of WINE?
I don't have the SoD client so I can't test it but I find it highly unlikely it would work at all... anyone else try it?

Regards,
Mg

OMNI Officer (Retired from EQ)
Check out my P99 Hunting Guide!
Last edited by mgellan; 09-09-2010 at 03:47 PM..