View Single Post
Old 06-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tracking is a burden, and it would be lessenned for everyone if the windows were shortened, which seems to be a pretty popular solution if you read this thread.

Again, you do realize that most raid mobs in classic EQ were on some sort of variance, right? No, it wasn't this large but you could never log in at an exact time to go kill nagafen.
The point is they were practically negligible and pale in comparison to what we have here. Iirc, not all of them were on a variance, either. Unfortunately, decreasing the length of the variance significantly poses other problems, as the variance is in place currently to limit GM involvement. There's more than 1 issue that would need fixing, but i'm glad we can at least see it somewhat similarly.

Nedala, you're attacking me but i'm uttering much the same words you are... there WILL be clusterfucks. Can we avoid them? yes. Can we do it without variance? Absolutely. Remember, though, clusterfucks were classic. Avoiding clusterfucks with certain raiding rules was also classic. This 4 day window is not and it's unnecessary.
Last edited by Skope; 06-01-2011 at 01:42 PM..