View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 05:00 AM
Fire Giant

Being a geared warrior does not make you a good warrior. This server has had a hundred geared warriors over the years and maybe 4-5 good ones.

We use tridents for the slow, and it's a solid hitpoint slot. Its aggro has always been far less than other options.

Back when feverblade was so broken it was laughably overpowered, there was 3? of us using it server wide for years. But the aggro wasnt 'needed' then as clickies and rogues actually worked.

Frostreaver is just not enough hate generation. It is not good enough. That is that. It's a full 30% short on the hate generation needed to keep rogues alive through your defensive, assuming starting with a full totem. Thus you get in the situation your bumps need to be more careful flopping aggro, and your rogues dieing before you.

Any of the top 10 weapons, in either hand, is enough. No 2h is close enough, in 2022, now. They were much further behind pre patch.

Your frostreaver is fine on an engage where you probably have 1 full minute of hate generation, maybe a lady N coth engage? But you'd be stupid not to have a shield on and tash stick then willsapper, then redblade or jaelens or something comparable for the hitpoints and raw AC, until your full chain arrives.

Edit:
We (the server) have enough shit warriors in good gear who fuck up and cant manage threat generation to be 2nd/3rd tanks, without shit warriors failing to make enough hate when actually tanking. That is the job. There's great arguments for dropping a few hate/sec for more HP on say feverblade vs red+jaelens. I often run a red+horn of hsagra offhand on fights where my peak threat gen is set beforehand (tunare, any coth dragon enageg dragon). I'd guildkick myself for using that shit on a dps race like LtK, or something where slows are bombed hard like doze or dagarn.

It's situational as hell though the times I would reduce my threat generation, so some examples would be post slow on (non sieve) trash mobs, sure. VStabilised vulak, sure. Noone is going to out threat you on a vulak while ducking ae's, go ham with red+jaelens or hsagra.

The situation changes too, start of fight vs chain actually established and safe, vs slowed mob alt tabbed. It's all liquid. You could be starting with a tash stick and a shield on a lady nev or zlexak. Then willsapper for a clutch slow, then red+hsagra when proper slowed.

There's great arguments for dumping scep clicks too, bombing slows on dozekar? yes give me 3 clicks initially and 1 for every 20 seconds you go without a proc, that will match a solo shaman's turgur's recast delay. Obviously if you've been lucky enough to get a bump in and blown some totems from out of range it's less of an issue.

Worrying about any of that shit is second to hovering your worts and covering gaps in chain. Having reaper ready. I'd take a shitty warrior with a frostreaver who can cover his own chain gaps with worts early on over a BiS retard every single day - Until the fights stabilised and the rogues start dieing.

The monks and rangers also are critical here too, your threat generations directly changes how they have to behave. If I take 3 top slot flame licks to get aggro when you die, we've lost 4 rogues. That would happen as I'm having to manage my aggro on the ranger too much. If I need to do more than 1 totem 1 scep click on my monk to pull aggro, it means I've had to flop in the fight too late as the war threat is shit. Everything moves smoother and better when the warrior makes the most possible threat. Shit warriors kill dps on tank swaps as they force your bumps to drop too much aggro. It's far easier for me to bump a tank swap when we have a feverblade/redblade than some goose using epic 2hs and I've had to jolt a dozen times. Or flopped 2mins into the fight and am scrambling with tunare fist etc to build as much threat as possible on the monk again to be ready.
Last edited by Solist; 09-21-2022 at 05:21 AM..