Thread: Wizard woes
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2019, 11:48 PM
Planar Protector

Wizard was terrible until about 29. Luckily I had the bread quest to do to get to 29 but I think even that is gone now with the plague being removed last patch.

I would just stick it out as much as possible for now. Use your ports to go around and try to get groups if you can. 29 is a game changer for quadding with AOE snare, but 34 is when it really takes off. At that point, I never felt so powerful from a solo perspective. Using flux staff, porting to WC to get potg, and quadding was just a total breeze. My wizard was 57 before I knew it with one of the easiest level experiences I've had. I never enjoyed quadding as much because I had always played a druid and wizard's are just that much better at it. The combination of Evo spec, flux staff for fast pulls, aoe snare, and better quads, druids can't really compare until 58.

Don't expect to get invited to many groups, but if you make friends and join a guild you can always find something. You can always form groups too and assemble them in a flash with ports. I found raiding more enjoyable as well, something about being really good at one thing was extremely satisfying to me. And the wizard epic isn't terribly hard to get, with a great effect.