Thread: I N D I C T E D
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

Barr lied today about multiple aspects of the Mueller report and mischaracterized it in his summary.

Today he said that Mueller did not reach a decision about indictment based on the OLC opinion. The Mueller report explicitly States that as the reason he didn't make a decision.

Barr said he didn't know if Mueller intended for Congress to receive the information. The report states clearly that they didn't want to interfere with Constitutional means of dealing with Presidential misconduct. The Constitution grants all of those powers to the legislative branch explicitly.

Barr stated that we don't open grand jury investigations for the purpose of giving information to Congress, ignoring the fact that both Richard Nixon and Bill Clinton had grand jury information used by Congress to force Nixon out and impeach Clinton.

Barr implied that in his summary that Mueller didn't make a decision on obstruction because the decision was too difficult and that there was evidence that exonerated Trump of obstruction. I see nothing exculpatory in Mueller's report on obstruction and they are very clear and firm as to why they didn't indict or decline to indict on obstruction.

Barr's only statements and actions with regards to the Mueller report have been riddled with misinformation and outright lies designed to mislead the public about the nature and extent of the investigation.

One of Nixon's articles of impeachment contained exactly that charge. He lied to the American people about the nature and extent of the investigation while also falsely claiming that it had all but been completed. Both Trump and Barr have done this, publicly as Nixon did, and should both be removed from office.

Barr's only purpose with regards to the Mueller investigation has been to deceive and mislead the American people and Congress.