Thread: I N D I C T E D
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2019, 10:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Words.
All these guys are telling you you're wrong, maybe you should listen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Attorney General is the chief LAW ENFORCEMENT officer. So the SCO is like the detectives in an episode of Law and Order. They investigate and then present their findings to the prosecutors, who then decide if charges will be filed. How many of the dozens of indictments produced by the SCO did the AG prosecute? None, because that's not his role.
Ultimately the decision about whether or not to prosecute lies with the AG because he's the head of the Department of Justice and oversees all the US Attorneys including the SCO and Mueller. Normally prosecutors are left to do their own thing but the AG can direct them and countermand their decisions should he choose. With regards to Trump, Mueller declined to prosecute on collusion and asked Barr to decide on obstruction, and Barr declined to prosecute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenorVZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Impeach isn't the only thing Congress can do. It can also investigate, and since the composition of the House was changed during the midterms, the Intelligence Committee can look at basically whatever it wants.

We're all aware that Republicans control the Senate and would never vote to convict Trump on impeachment charges forwarded by the House. That's why I've recommended to my colleagues to wait until the close of session just before the next election to recommend articles of impeachment to the Senate so that the current Senate doesn't have time to conduct the impeachment. The entire election then becomes a referendum on Trump. Do you want to re-elect a lame duck president who could face impeachment by a Democrat-controlled Senate after the election? Oh, and we'll also be impeaching the rapist supreme court justice. He doesn't have anything like the immunity of a president.
This is a fantasy too and is not going to happen. You do know there's ~2 months between the election and the new congress taking office, right? In any case, if the House wants to try to slam dunk an impeachment Trump can reconvene congress and the Senate's trial will last no longer than it takes to cast a vote.

Congress can investigate all it wants but no one will care because they're not credible like the DOJ is.