Thread: NPC Push
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 01:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyHydras [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It could very well be a coincidence, Dolalin, in the sense that there IS a very small chance to interrupt mobs via melee attacks (regardless of whether the mob moves spatially) - and this is what the players are referring to when they talk about melee pushing on one side to prevent a successful NPC spell cast.

I am highly dubious of that, though. I think anyone who plays a melee character can attest to how infinitesimally low that chance is to interrupt NPC spells via melee. Perhaps that chance is supposed to be higher? If push interrupt SEEMED as reliable as it did in Classic, maybe it was a function of the chance to interrupt NPCs via melee hit variable being much higher than it is here?

I don't know. It would be nice to get some developer input on this thread, though. God knows we have provided enough evidence on our end . . .it would be nice to see or hear what evidence was used to support this change.
As a monk in era this was not my experience. Once I got my epic I could pretty reliably interrupt caster mobs with melee push from using just my 16 delay fists.