View Single Post
Old 01-25-2017, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auuken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is mage fire DS the strongest? More than druid or whatever
For a while. You got a threshold where, classically, fire pets DS went to 72pnts but Haynar unclasically changed the fire pet DS earlier in the time line so most of p99 history has been using an earth pet with a DS.

The DDD pet has a great DS for the level and is very good for off tanking. He cannot use weapons but has an AOE aggro spell which means he can off tank and be chain cast and quickly snap back the aggro. If you have root clickies it can be a great pet to grab up mobs in the side and keep them occupied.

When I was leveling in KC left I used to off tank 3 mobs with it and keep them rooted on my DDD pet. By the time the tank and dps finished their first mob the other 3 I was offtanking were down near 30% or so.

Secondly, when you hit 55 you should always know where the escape route is from your group. When things go down hill always send in a pet and run to the safe room and CoTH the cleric then run back in. Saving raids with a CoTH cleric makes you a hero.

But in most cases you water pet, turn off taunt and grab stun whips (damage mitigation) or life proc staves (extra dps) and DS. Making you a dps class.

Bottom line, don't be a wizard with a pet.
Last edited by bktroost; 01-25-2017 at 11:25 AM..