View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 10:02 AM
Planar Protector

In early eq there is a paucity of both high quality weapons and strength gear. While carry capacity is less important for monks as their gear as light and they already face penalties, the impact on damage output is significant while leveling.

The min/max meta culture of p99 raiding generally means most people will recommend stamina but I disagree. The extra hp from going full stamina will very rarely if ever be what makes or breaks a character. Smart play, buffs, and eventually gear (as new expansions open up) are significantly more important. Melee classes in classic will already start off with a huge crutch compared to casters.

It’s a quality of life issue for the long haul through original classic imo.

Long term with raiding and velious in mind? Sure stamina. For the first 50 levels and for most routine content beyond str has value. At low levels the returns on stamina are pitiful. By the time the returns are more meaningful, better gear and buff options are as well.

Full disclosure: I’m the weirdo that put 0 starting points into stamina on my warrior. I have no regrets as the stamina difference never made a survivability difference and I knew hitting cap stamina/dex would be easier dumping into dex. My gear isn’t phenomenal but I’m still now just 15-20 points from capping that too.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2