View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 04:01 PM
Fire Giant

It’s worth pointing out that you may be surprised how quickly plat adds up over time. I’m the definition of a filthy casual. I spent about a year raiding on p1999 to get some odds and ins for most of my characters, but in no way go hard.

What items I have (a Narandi crown for instance) I bought with plat that I just slowly accumulated. The thing about p1999 is it isn’t going anywhere. We’re stuck in this timeline until the devs decide to stop running the server, which doesn’t appear to be any time soon.

I spend almost zero time actually farming, and just occasionally pick up an item like a Hiero cloak here, a Torp scroll there, slowly but surely building plat just running fun groups with friends. I’m not saying prioritize anything, but never say “I’ll never have that item” just because in the early days, before you even have one 60, it seems impossible. I’ve been on the server since 2009 and have leveled lots of alts, and gotten gear I’d never have expected, just because of the amount of time I’ve spent in game. I play maybe 10 hours total over the course of 2 weeks, and have for years. But over the years, that little bit of time really adds up. I’ve even taken a couple hiatus from game. My most recent for 3 years between 2019-2022

Heck, half the plat I’ve earned was while leveling a new alt and picking up some fancy item while leveling. I’ve snagged a T-staff, a Torp scroll and multiple Hiero cloaks over the years, most on alts that weren’t even level 60.

Again, not pressuring you to farm or raid. I also don’t really enjoy either of those things, but somehow, over time, I’ve acquired things
Last edited by Trelaboon; 02-18-2023 at 04:06 PM..