View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 09:02 AM
Planar Protector

I think what actually needs to happen is the raid leaders and officers of raiding guilds on P99 need to make a thread in Raid Discussion and iron things out.
  1. Where can we camp out? Zone in only? Aary prep spot/Zlandicar prep spot/Yelinak prep spot or will those simply be Mage CotH races? -- Typically it was always zone in, but Zlandicar and Yelinak will just turn into huge derptarded CotH races with 10 poopsocking mages per guild if that is what is decided. I'd favor allowing campouts for NToV to be allowed at prep spot and the other two dragons allowed nearby their location to prevent the requirement to compete being 4+ mages sitting there for an entire window waiting to CotH people (also this will depend on whether they applied horrible variance to mobs unclassicly)
  2. Where can we pull? Tormax was almost always done at zone lines for example, but such a pull leads him through half the zone - albeit a half not often camped cause armor doesn't drop there. What about NToV? Or Klandicar/Sontalak... Do these have to be fought at their spawn or will factioned mages CotH a tagger to them, aggro and pull to the SG zone line or somewhere else as a stall? Or will people camp in DN/ToV and zone out and whoever has more SSDs engage first? -- The only mob I can think of that has a pulling restriction was Venril Sathir, I expect a case by case basis for Velious mobs.
  3. Exploiting Geometry/LoS for Tanks/Melee. Is this strategy allowed, where your melee or tanks can hit a raid mob though they don't have true LoS on said mob, which allows them to avoid all LoS based AEs? Is this classic? Is it kosher on the server? -- As it stands there are some locations you can tank certain dragons like Zlandicar and quite a few in ToV, where your tank isn't getting hit by any AEs... Fears, DDs, stuns, etc. But he is still capable of meleeing, proccing and holding aggro. Same deal for your entire set of melee DPS standing in this location and tank standing somewhere else. Allowing you to still DPS but not deal with the AEs at all. For healers this was certainly a strategy. Hide behind wall because heals don't require LoS. However tanks and DPS still being able to hold aggro/melee AND being able to avoid AEs... I'm skeptical this was classic or allowed.
  4. Sim repops, no bag limit in Velious and its all FFA I'm guessing? Do bag limits still apply to Kunark? Are they necessary in Kunark with Velious out?
  5. Faction tagging was a common practice. You hit a raid boss that another guild is killing at 5% and get a faction hit. On P99 though interfering with other raid's mobs is against the rules. I have no doubts someone who has a grudge will file a petty petition over a certain guild or players doing this even though it's classic. Those petition filers really need to just be DT'd and corpse moved to a random place in PoMischief.

The question is a lot bigger than NToV. There are a lot of mobs and they're split in a lot of zones. If you want to say anything can be pulled anywhere you will end up with people pulling Zlandicar to entrance and Velketor to the entrance.

As much as I'd like a conversation to happen, I am not holding my breath. I think Velious will launch, people will walk in gray areas, petitions will be filed and certain strategies will be banned, and certain guilds will have 1 week suspension from Tormax.
Last edited by Daldaen; 07-23-2015 at 09:10 AM..