View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Planar Protector

I would be shocked if the staff allows zone pulls. Even in VP, for example, the dragons must be engaged past the zone in. And many of these zones will have non-raiders there; I can't imagine you'll be allowed to drop Tormax's guards on some group factioning up with the dwarves near the bank (new strategy: untagged XP groups that petition when trained with raid mobs). The reality is that competitive EQ sucks. The mechanics simply don't work well with multiple raids in the same zone. I would say red would be better, but I think it's going to be hard to kill raid mobs when all the other side has to do is PK 3-4 clerics and port out.

I think the first monthish of Velious will simply be a petition shitshow. After everyone gets a little experience in terms of who can kill the various targets, where the XP groups tend to show up, where raid mobs can be pulled with minimal collateral damage and so on, I hope there will be some sort of relatively amicable meeting between the relevant parties that lays down some basic ground rules.

The other possibility is that once Velious is out and the major bugs are fixed, the staff finally puts some time into fixing the raid scene (i.e. major simultaneous repops with mobilization zones etc etc).