View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 04:03 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pulling to zone in should definitely not be allowed. A 2 bag limit in velious would actually be fairly nice since smaller or more casual guilds would have opportunities to attempt mobs they otherwise couldn't. We can wait for the staff to make some rules for us, or we can attempt to make some for ourselves. Asgard would prefer the latter.
Need people with raid discussion access to actually start threads then :/.

Pulling to zone ins is classic. HOWEVER, the way in which those pulls will be done on P99 is far from classic and those will tend to lead to training groups.

ToV I think pulling to the entry hallway (though not the zone in room) should be allowed (if VP you're allowed to pull to entry hallway, I think it parallels well enough with ToV that precedence has been set). At some point like half of NToV gets perma rooted and most of WToV. I forget when though, so until that happens guilds will be pulling either to the safe spot in NToV or entry hallway.

Kael... Any pull is going to screw with players in zone. Any guild who clears Giants on the way in will get leapfrogged. This will be a tough cookie I think. I always pulled Tormax to WL and the others to a corner of the Arena. But both of those pull paths will have normal groups grinding.

WW First Brood, should be fought at their spawn point but I have a feeling those will just be CotH races and stall runs back to your "engage area".

Dain... Everyone pulls him to well, which is out of everyone's way, I don't see any issues here. Even if your guild was one that fought him at zone in, that would be fine because the group's in Icewell won't be in that pull path.

Yelinak/Zlandicar are located such that any pull will either be an exploit (Zlandicar) or train the entire zone (Yelinak). So it will be a CotH race. But I can't imagine anything more retarded than requiring 4 poopsocking mages to contest these mobs as you CotH down 60 people. Really these mobs should be an exception and allow camp-outs near the mob. Let people compete by logging in fast to a batphone, not having 20 logged in pooping in a sock.

Velketor is going to be a cluster. For pure entertainment, you can log out at the beginning of the ice bridge and no CotHing allowed. Just to lol at people running across the ice bridge over lower dogs in a rush.

Tunare... I don't even want to think about this. The amount of leapfrogging and debauchery that are going to be involved here, will be staggering.

I wouldn't mind a 2 Velious and 2 Kunark lockout. But man,I can imagine some guilds complaining very hard that they cannot lock others out from getting ST keys from the first brood. Cause a 2 limit will force them to leave 3 up. Likely the hardest ones but still, casual guilds can band together and Zerg with the best of them.

All of the above are merely my personal opinions. But I will lobby hard for those Velketor rules. It would be gold Jerry!