View Single Post
Old 01-13-2020, 05:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxarcule [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I had a blast raiding on red, getting raided by another guild mid-way and if I'm honest I don't have the time to commit to 4-5 hour

I am enjoying the leveling experience, but I'm wondering if I'll ever get to achieve the really fun content that I remember way back from live with my limitations.
I don't see why a casual wizard can't do just about anything and everything on p99. Solo easier items for self or cash (think stuff like hadden, mortificator sythrak, hill giants, etc for solo cash), group anything with good friends/guildies, planar clears and stuff like fire giants with guildies, killing gods and dragons if you join a "competitive" guild, in classic and kunark and velious.

It's rare that a guild requires you to be around for ANY period of time, let alone 4-5 hours. You may not have great chances at any given piece of loot if you don't play as often as everyone else, but the warmbody zerg style guilds aren't going to turn away a wizard whose mana turns into damage just as well as any other wizard's does just because you don't play 8 hours straight every time you log on.

It's pretty safe to ignore the people who say "there's no endgame in [whatever]." Of course there's no steady diet of instanced raid content to clear at scheduled times on the same 3 nights every week so you can have all the same gear as every other member of your class on the whole server within 6-8 weeks of play. But that's not why we're playing EQ. It's not that there's no endgame... it's just different. "Endgame" in EQ is more about friends and guildies and alts and farming and exploring than pounding through a mudflation gear treadmill cycle every few months. Wizards can do EQ "endgame" stuff, especially with a supportive /friend list or guild.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 01-13-2020 at 05:26 PM..