View Single Post
Old 02-07-2017, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

For genuine low level, untwinked new players, any amount of plat is acceptable. And I will usually decline an offer of plat anyway. I think a lot of porters are the same in that regard.

For established 50+ players, there's really no excuse to be cheap. And it's amazing how many people running around in hundreds of thousands of plat worth of gear will tip you 10 or 15pp for a port. It's insulting. I would grade port tips roughly as follows:

100pp+ - Very generous
75pp - Generous
50pp - Good
40pp - Acceptable
30pp - Low
20pp - Cheap
15pp or less - Insulting

1pp per level is an easy rule of thumb, although if you're playing an obviously twinked to hell character don't abuse it by tipping 20-30pp. This goes for all you twink Monks, too. Don't give me that shit about a weight limit. Go buy some fucking gems you cheapskates. What Would Master Wu do? He'd pay his way with gems. And if he had no gems he'd forgo the port and just run, in order to build his stamina and character while concentrating on tranquility. But you don't see that these days. Instead you get a level 20 Iksar Monk with a Fungi, CoF and T-Staff tipping you 10pp for a port and saying "Lol sorry no cash on me". Don't be that guy.