View Single Post
Old 04-26-2022, 04:16 PM
Fire Giant

High Elf is 35 less strength and 25 less stamina than a dwarf at the loss of 12 Wisdom and 35 charisma. Starting with 65 strength and 70 stamina is really rough and makes it very difficult to max even when fully buffed.

Also, I understand the appeal of the charisma from a lull perspective and it def contributed to me rolling a high elf. However, you use basic root until you get Enstill at 54. If you are dungeon crawling before lvl 54 you don’t really want to try to lull a room with more than 3 mobs in it because a Crit resist is going to mean you will have a hard time rooting and camping it all off in the 48 seconds root lasts. Sure some dungeons you have a zone line near by, but with no Feign Death or gate it’s a tough situation. If you are really twinked taking 3 mobs isn’t so bad up until a point, but there is definitely some levels between when that happens and before you get Enstill that will limit what you can do. I solo’d all the way to 60 and enjoyed it, but something to consider if this is a second pally and your first isn’t 60.

High Elf no doubt the min/max choice, but I would go Dwarf if you aren’t expecting to get to lvl 60 or a lot of raid gear.