View Single Post
Old 06-30-2020, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The problem is you cannot compare Green to classic when it comes to populations. Green is unique simply because of player knowledge. 1k-2k classic wasnt bad because most people didn't know what to do, so that level of population did not feel this bad because lots of people were very spread screwing around figuring things out. You no longer have people 'figuring things out' on a 20 year old game, get a clue. If you have 500-1k people all competing for correctly appropriate content you get days or even weeks for waiting/queing just for exp or gimpy item farming locations. Apples an oranges people, when I was playing classic I wasn't waiting 5 days to get into Treants in south karana, ever. I wasn't waiting half a day for a 50th level character to stop camping orc 1 in east commons so i could level my main from 7th level. There wasnt a week long list for the Ancient Cyclops, this a bad experiment gone wrong. I never had to solo Highpass orcs an gnolls, there were appropriate level groups. The classic play just cannot exist in this day an age, so we cannot set the server up for classic play that doesnt exist. An this is not just a lower level problem, you have way too many 50th level char with nothing to do, more servers = more raid targets and less wasting time which will help maintain population as people will just leave for servers they can actually do things instead of waiting days an weeks with nothing to do, literally.
So what I’m hearing is you’re annoyed because people have knowledge now so you can’t just do super valuable things like camp Treants and the AC whenever you want because other people know about it too. Got it. Super compelling.

As an aside, while I’ve never seen a full group at Highpass Gnolls I’ve seen full groups at the Orcs most days over the past few weeks.