View Single Post
Old 05-29-2019, 09:38 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoTriz2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree that it's possible to live as transgender with little to no dysphoria but I also think it should be at least studied where we have an honest look at it because I have a feeling transitioning without side effects is probably the exception rather than the rule.

Right now it's taboo and "hateful" to study the effects and mental stability of people who are transitioning. It's just swept under the rug and not dealt with because it's not politically correct.

This mindset of "Everything is fine because the mob forces us to think so" is dangerous.
I don't disagree that it should be studied more. Critical inquiry is the gateway to truth. I just don't think it is anymore helpful to push people toward embracing it than it is to push them toward repressing it. In some cases embrace is more damaging. In some cases, repression is. Neither approach is inherently healthier than the other. The obvious middle ground is acceptance of the fact that you are not and will never fully be whatever it is that you want to be and deciding that that's okay.