Thread: Wizard woes
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I consider a Wizard an essential element of my absolute best top-end group composition.
I am genuinely curious to know the 'why' behind this statement other than you have weird expectations for what a best top-end group composition consists of. The reason behind wizards even having "woes" has been spelled out.

-They suffer from poor sustained dps, outclassed by most all other classes capable of doing damage (including knights)
-They can burn hard but so can others, in many cases almost as hard. The situations where a truly hard burn (where a wizard might shine) are really few and really far between. A really hard burn will leave the wizard medding for a long time.
-They can evac, but so can one of their prime competitors (druid). That competitor can do a lot more than nuke/evac and still nukes plenty hard enough.

Honestly interested in your opinion. Care to share the rationale behind the why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomeCaptain [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always glad to group with a Wiz, from duo to full.
Same here as long as their demeanor isn't in the 'bag of dicks' category. I don't begrudge the handicaps they have.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2