View Single Post
Old 05-08-2012, 12:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said I was entitled to anything. And that's the point. No one is entitled to anything. EQ has no instances, so the mobs are there for whoever is strong enough to get them. I think there's enough people and gear on this server for multiple guilds to be strong enough to get these kills, but at the moment only one puts forth the effort to make it happen. The others are too busy typing out walls of text about how unfair it is.
But that's the thing. This is a PvE game. There should be no effort to get them beyond whatever obstacles are built in the game. This is a cooperative game, people band together to take down mobs. The only reason there's competition is because TMO or whoever is on top at the time, creates it. This kind of environment benefits only one guild and only one kind of player.

As far as typing out walls of text about how unfair it is, that's because it is unfair and a public forum is the place to bring it up. If it were fair and the server were fine the way it is with one zerg guild monopolizing the content, I don't think Nilbog would be asking for suggestions.

I'd be all for forced rotations on this server, and for the majority of the server, I'm sure it will only enhance the fun of the game. I would suggest something along the lines of any guild that can kill a mob on their own gets in the rotation, leave one slot as a free-for-all so that people can have their competition and bragging rights and also use that slot as a qualifier for new guilds to attempt the mob and try to get in the rotation. If any guild wipes on their mob or don't kill it in a certain time, it becomes free for all.

For the people who want to compete for mobs all the time, that's what the Red server is for.