View Single Post
Old 03-26-2020, 11:51 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you want to live dangerously, just let one mob be higher than the other, but then take them into the next fight.

This typically happens when you have a mob of (say) level 55 and a mob of (say) level 51, and so typically as long as mob #3 is 51-53, your already-damaged level 55 mob will do just fine.

But if you run out of mana, or if mob #3 is also 55 ... well like I said, this strat is for living dangerously, and you need to always save some gate mana [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you want to be more responsible, you need to use damage shields, DoTs, and nukes in the first fight as soon as you see your pet losing, and if your pet is winning you need spam back/sit (or change pets).
I've done this a few times and maybe this is just my simplest solution. It throws off my spawns when I break camp but it may not matter much if I'm able to just keep it going with whatever mobs I have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
P.S. And if you really want to live dangerously ... but get some amazing XP also ... the true best way to charm is to fight multiple mobs at once (while keeping them all rooted).

In that case, it doesn't matter how strong your charmed pet is, or what any mob's level is: multiple other mobs will destroy one mob quickly, and when they do you just break charm, finish your pet off, and charm the next.

Since you're not spending any mana on anything except root and charm, this can be super efficient in places like the Permafrost bear pits ... but obviously all it takes is a badly timed charm break and/or a few root breaks at once ... and then it's either WC cap out or die.
I learning to live dangerously lol, this is the strategy I've been using when a named pops (as they are up to 10 levels higher than the surrounding mobs). Things get wild but it's fun. With the regular mobs this may actually be the best option because I could clear the room faster, save mana, and I think I could do it relatively safely. Root has been holding pretty well with the regular mobs.