View Single Post
Old 08-26-2020, 05:02 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xdrcfrx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can probably stop right there. Freedom made a guild to benefit themselves, just the same way Riot formed and operates to benefit itself. No one is altruistic, here. Freedom's only problem with the current meta is that they aren't the ones who benefit the most from it. Do you think fif they were winning the majority of mobs in the current meta, that they would be in favor of a change that would result in them getting less?
My stance on the current raid scene has pretty much been unchanged since the DAY rooted dragons were implement. For the record, Aftermath very much cleaned up that day. The only big mob we didn't get was Vulak, because a flury re spawned on us while vulak was at like 15%. A mega alliance, of something like 250 players killed Vulak that day instead of Aftermath.

I said that was some of the most fun raiding i've ever had, but people are going to burn out. And that's what happened. Vulak became 1 guild mob. If you have wanted Vulak loot for the last year, your ONLY choice is to join Riot. Which is an issue.

AND just to put this out there, before Freedom formed, I app'd to Riot. And I was excited to join Riot, as I always wanted to see what it was like to raid with "The other side". The reason i withdrew my app was because I wanted to raid with my EQ family one more time, and because I want to see this server competitive again. I can copy/paste logs with the Riot recruitment officer where I clearly talk about how underwhelming raiding is now with 0 competition on most ToV targets. I can copy paste logs of me trying to talk officers of Paradigm Shift to compete more in ToV, and strategies required. I can copy and paste "welcome back" messages to (or /ooc) awakened/tempest members that i'm happy to see them not suspended anymore because it was so boring without them.

I would like to say that I am confident that the arguments I make about competition in ToV are not motivated by the allure of more pixels coming my way. Maybe there are! But I can say for a fact that i have been banging on this "Keep competition on p99" drum for years now