View Single Post
Old 11-11-2020, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Here’s the thing. No matter what you have in your mind about classes prior to you playing EQ, just get rid of that. Class imbalances are enormous in this game. Real class balancing didn’t start until the expansions came out, but even then, it took several expansions beyond classic expansions to make the classes “equal”

So rogue is a cool class, but not a solo class and certainly not a class I would recommend for a new player. You could reroll as a Necromancer and be level 12 faster than it would take you to get your rogue from 9 to 12. It’s just how broken this game is.

The reason why I am telling you this is not to force my opinion on you, it’s to help you / keep you from getting frustrated and burned out from the difficulty of playing a melee class. Pack in 99 my first character was a barb warrior. I thought he would be such a bad ass, but in the end, after it took me months, maybe a year just to get to him to 46, I realized I had a really crappily geared warrior that really didn’t offer much utility and was a major PITA to level, find groups, etc.

So when I restarted on here about 6 years ago, I went Necro. It was a completely different experience this go around. I actually found myself exploring more, enjoying content, and actually gaining exp at a consistent rate