View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

SKs are probably the most versatile melee class in the game. FD (albeit with a cast time and not as fluid as a monk), Invis, IVU, harmshield at 51, self-heals via lifetap (which aren't crappy, you just have to have context), Ogre class choice means bash/slam availability, frontal stun immunity, amazing stats...

However, Fisch - the reason Azeth didn't waste any more time with you is because the Socratic method only works by forcing the other person to do all the real work. You just try to poke holes in someone else's ideas while repeatedly asking "why?"

If you want to really garner something useful, refine your questions after independently investigating what they say, and ask useful questions. Not just "why?" as your standard reply so frequently. Oh, also - insulting people - directly or indirectly - generally drives them away.

"Why?" is the question hundred-page theses and large-scale experiments try to answer. Asking everyone else to distill information for you is unreasonable. That's why the Socratic method is effective - people spend all their time explaining things to you while you repeat to yourself that "i'm not just a lemming, you have to justify your reasoning to me," instead of asking pointed, effective questions.

What you can get from this forum, however, is leads. You can then investigate those leads and ask better questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbledorf View Post
I'll look into getting it changed to The Secret Order of the Silver Rose of Truth and Dragons.