View Single Post
Old 10-09-2017, 06:59 PM
Kobold

Post // AVIAK COURIER-POST //

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkashicRecord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
~~~
Saturday, June 28th, 3104, 11pm...

Well, one week later, and not only did I manage to make it to South Karana, I managed to find the best (and safest) place that you possibly could find...the highest point of the Aviak Village!

Krak Windchaser lent me the most exquisite, feathered shroud to sleep with. He tells me that it is made entirely from Quillmane's feathers, and that he killed that legendary Pegasus years ago, fashioning this priceless shroud by hand.

Krak and I shared a few stories by the fire inside his hut, and I broke out a rare bottle of authentic Blackburrow Kalish that I managed to loot from a Gnoll brewer a few weeks ago. (This stuff is amazing, and has hints of black currant, black licorice, Kiola, and even a mild sweet note, not unlike that Faydark mead I'd sampled once before; that one was brewed from pure Crushbone Honey, and was fantastic. Krak can barely stand up now, so you know it's good!) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also traded Krak some of my excess reagents, since I had far too many Winter Berries and Frost Lichens. He'd never seen those before, but I told him to give some to the local medicine man. Krak also tried one of those toasted bat wings that I was mentioning, and said that it tasted like elephant jerky (apparently, that is made from the ears of the baby calves??) [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Well, I should probably get to sleep soon since I need all the daylight I can to cross the lake and head into the mountains at first break...

This message is being sent by Aviak courier, by the way; I didn't even know that the Aviaks delivered post, but apparently there is a mutual deal between the centaurs and their (former) postal monopoly...they even run parcels!
~~~