View Single Post
Old 08-04-2020, 12:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Antonica is tricky to map while staying close to the cloth map representation, because the Everfrost area in game isn't wide enough across, and the Karana plains in game are far wider across than the Southern part of the continent; it doesn't scale properly. Overall good job with the map but I wish you made Karana wider, even on the cloth map it's still wider than this, and the Everfrost area could be pushed more towards the west. You could move the southern part of the continent a little more eastward and make Rathe Mountains wider to compensate for the Karanas expanding.
Antonica is indeed tricky. I actually have an early iteration or two where the karanas are wider, but it always resulted in the entire eastern half of the continent being very squished together-- that is, unless antonica becomes wider than it is tall, at which point it starts looking nothing like the cloth map's representation. I took the liberty of a condensed karanas to keep that rough sense of a similar shape to the cloth map. Everfrost is hard too because the entire north of Antonica is shown to be snowy, but Everfrost is somewhat small... Everfrost can't go all the way west because Jaggedpine forest is there.

I definitely found it interesting that in-game, Antonica is clearly wider than it is tall, based on the distance you have to travel from Freeport to Qeynos... as opposed to the map. I'm sure I'll make another attempt at some point configuring Antonica incorporating some of these suggestions.