Thread: Budget sk twink
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What for? Might never even use some of those skills (I've never leveled 2HB for example), and even if you decide to use one it only takes a few hours hitting blues someplace to level a skill decently. There's no need to carry around a half dozen different weapons and continually swap out to weapons inferior to what you'd like to be using fulltime. Can if you really want to, but it's not necessary by any means. With twink characters, especially, it's quite common that the character levels up and the player grows bored of it without ever replacing the initial set of equipment.

Depending on budget, deathbringer rod is 30/40 for maybe 100-200P. Some of those generic high-level Velious 2-handers have good ratios and can be had for sometimes 1K or less, like carved dragonbone spear. Might be able to find a clay guardian shield for 500P less than a sarnak shield. Stuff of that quality can carry a player well into the 50's, even to 60 if desired. Heck my own Shadow Knight used a noctivagant blade for several years even at 60. Ratio/haste are king if you're mostly going to solo.

Danth
You can't skill up on green mobs, so I always prefer to skill up weapons after every level. It is harder to skill up when you are higher level and need to swap to a weapon that never hits because your weapon skill is low. Carrying around 5 or 6 weapons really isn't a big deal most of the time, unless he is rolling a very low STR toon.

SK's get at least one good weapon in all weapon skills, so you might as well skill up while you level in case you want one later. Narandi's lance is pretty good, not too expensive, and piercing. You got Herbalists Spade for 2hb, it is also pretty cheap, good ratio, and root if you want it. Obviously 1h and 2h Slashing have a ton of options, so no reason not to level up there.