View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 04:25 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smellybuttface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I took a break from the game for a little while, so I let a friend borrow my gear. I had some pretty high end stuff - Iksar Ceremonial, two Lamentations, FBSS, etc. (non-raid gear, but pretty valuable items at the time). He tried to transfer those items to another character by doing the ol’ “ground drop” method. Of course his internet goes out, the items disappeared, standard fare. He was really apologetic, and there wasn’t anything to be done about it. It was many hours of TunnelQuesting to get a lot of that stuff, but c’est la vie.

I came back to the game and had a completely naked Ranger. I actually petitioned a GM and they gave me some sort of “starter set” of gear out of pity lol.

ISP’s were such dogshit back in the day. I’d constantly be zoning and randomly get booted, only to come back to my corpse on the other side of the zone. Good times!
Heck yeah...I feel like LDs and their consequences were such a huuuuge part of gameplay and the classic experience of EQ that will never be replicated. It was like a critical luck fail on the RNG for all sorts of things that can probably never be emulated with modern hardware. I actually remember grouping sometimes in 2000 - 2002 JUST to avoid LD solo deaths/lost exp/lost time. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]